HOD's of the Department
Conferences / Seminars / Workshops organized by Department from the Year 2012-2018
ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS, OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION BY THE DEPARTMENT
Department was awarded as Certificate of Appreciation by Directorate of Internal Quality Assurance (DIQA), University of Kashmir, Srinagar in 2010.
Prof. A. K. Pandit was awarded Environment Award in 6th World Environment Congress- 1999 by Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma, Former President of India for outstanding contribution in Environmental Research (1999)
Prof. A. R. Yousuf was awarded Gold Medal by Indian Academy of Environmental Sciences (2005)
Prof. A. R. Yousuf was awarded Prof. E. P. Odum Gold Medal by International Society for Ecological Communications (2007)
Prof. A. R. Yousuf was awarded Prof. JSD Munshi Gold medal International society for Ecological Communications (2009)
Prof. Azra N Kamili was awarded gold medal/ Bharat Excellence Award and Certificate of appreciation by Friendship Forum of India at New Delhi (2011)
Prof. Askok. K. Pandit was awarded Shiksha Rattan Puraskar and Certificate of Excellence by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi (2011)
Prof. A. K. Pandit was awarded Environment Award in 6th World Environment Congress- 1999 by Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma, Former President of India for outstanding contribution in Environmental Research.
- Ph.D Degrees awarded 33
- M.Phil Degrees awarded 41
- Over 70 students qualified UGC, ARS, CSIR, NET/SET and other competitive examinations.
- About 300 Research papers published in different national and international journals.
- Students are placed in various departments like Higher education, Revenue Deptt, ERA as Environmental Experts, Civil administration etc
- More than 1300 books are present in departmental library
- Publishes annually Journal of Himalayan Ecology and Sustainable Development”